According to Vaastu, pooja mandirs are beneficial for the home as it helps in remove negativity and create a peaceful environment. But certain things we need to follow while setting up pooja mandir. Things that you should keep in the pooja mandir, how you should place the idols, what should be the direction for mandirs as per your home, and so on.
We usually seek advice from our elders on any pooja-related topics. However, we can set up mandirs by ourselves if we know some basic principles and ideas. So, let’s discuss some ideas and fundamental principles that you should consider while designing pooja mandirs.
Position of keeping idols
- Idols should be placed on the west and east sides of Pooja Mandirs. It’s not desirable to remember models towards the north and south. While worshipping, one should either face east or west.
- God and Goddess, Photographs should not be hung on the north or south wall.
- We should place idols facing each other. The correct way of putting idols is to keep them side by side at some distance from the door.
- Also, never keep damaged or broken Statue in mandirs, known as khandit murti in India.
Select Pooja mandirs with Door
- Experts recommend that the pooja mandir should have a double door made of wood. But if doors are not affordable, curtains would also do.
- But if you want to design doors, they should be wooden with two shutters in the north or east with a threshold, and a window in the north or east is perfect.
- Because of its minimal care and low maintenance expenses, the wooden pooja mandir for a house is your best choice.
- DivinewoodNcraft has a great collection of pooja mandirs available online. The wooden temple is a simple and cost-effective way to build your temple where you can worship God.
Create drawers for storage in pooja mandir
- While doing pooja daily, we need some items performing pooja for that storage space is required in the pooja mandir.
- While doing daily pooja, we need some things performing pooja, for which storage space is required in the pooja mandir. Don’t keep unnecessary items and too much stuff in pooja drawers.
- If you want to design storage drawers, you should position them to the west or south. Don’t use pooja storage space for anything other than pooja items.
What should be the Direction and Design of the Mandir?
- For pooja mandir, a pyramid structure design is considered lucky for your house. Everyone says that it helps in spreading positivity in the place.
- The correct direction for placing or designing the pooja mandir is northeast, as per the Vaastu.
- Also, when building pooja mandirs in your home, remember that placing them under a staircase or against the wall of a bathroom is unlucky.
With proper knowledge of basic principles about pooja mandir and with the right touch of creativity, you can think of your pooja mandir design. With the support of DivinewoodNCraft’s specialists, you can create your custom-designed pooja mandir. We provide high-quality pooja mandirs in various formats, and you can select the one that best complements your home’s interior.
Most Indian homes have a pooja mandir or prayer area, and people have had a separate area in the house designated for carrying out ritualistic practices since ancient times. Every home requires a custom pooja room to assist family members in performing their prayers. Many of us fantasized about having a small space in our apartment dedicated to home wooden pooja mandir design. We may have seen a variety of design options but are still unsure which one is best.
Here is a list of decisions you’ll need to make to narrow down what will ultimately be your dream prayer space.
Things to consider when creating the ideal home temple:
- Space: The most important consideration is always space when designing a home temple. Modern designer options enable you to utilise available space to create better home temples successfully. For example, if you have free wall space in your home, you could create a small temple with a low-height wooden base unit with drawers and brass bells. You can even designate an entire room as your home temple if you have enough space in the room.
- Size: Prayer spaces can range from a full room to a cosy niche that you can appropriately decorate. In this innovative approach, a prayer enclosure has been created within the room, with a shell that expresses its identity.
- Praying habits: Your level of interaction with the deity is another important factor that will shape your experience with this space. Do you pray with your family every day for a set amount of time, or is it just a small obeisance every morning and the family only gets together to pray on special occasions? You can build a home temple based on this.
- Lighting: Your prayer space’s lighting should add to the wow factor and create a relaxing atmosphere that allows you to focus your energies on communing with God. It would be best if you used warm and layered lighting. One level provides ambient light to the area where you and your family will be standing. The other level illuminates the deity and adds to the depth and overall effect of the experience.
- Storage: When constructing a home temple, you should think about storage space. For keeping the pooja materials and other utensils, adequate storage space is required. It’s best to keep the pooja materials for each deity in their room. To keep holy or prayer books organized, you may want to create a custom space for them.
- Appearance: The appearance of your prayer space is entirely up to you, and I’m pretty sure God doesn’t mind. A home pooja mandir design must project gravitas without being gloomy, positivity without flippant, and classic without classic.
Divine Wood N Craft is known for its delicate miniature home designs. If you’re concerned about the factors mentioned above, you can relax now because we can assist you in creating custom temple designs for your home. We believe in designing the most delicate home wooden pooja mandir ideas that will leave a lasting impression on your home.